Job Title: Registered General Nurse (Qualified in Ultrasound scanning) North London
Reports to: Senior Nurse
To deliver safe and effective care of clients from admission to discharge in accordance with Healthcare Commission Standards, NMC Guidelines for Professional Practice and company policies and procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Key Responsibilities
- Ensure the clients are aware of their options
- Undertaking consultations including the discussion and confirmation of treatment options.
- Carry out observations
- Carry out point of care testing including pregnancy testing and venepuncture if required. (training provided)
- Ultrasound Scanning
- Discuss contraceptive options and provide/fit contraception in accordance with guidelines NUPAS policies
- Administration of drugs to clients, following NMC guidelines, Patient Group Directives and NUPAS Policies and procedures
- Appropriately Consenting clients for treatment/procedures.
- Provide and inform clients on STI Screening
- Identify safeguarding concerns.
- Checking details on client notes and alerting Doctor/surgeon/anaesthetist to any ‘significant conditions’
- Recovery of clients and monitoring observations following treatment
- Escorting clients into Recovery Lounge (Admission to Discharge Continued)
- Monitoring observations and blood loss
- Ensure clients have received and completed a satisfaction survey questionnaire before discharge
- Ensuring clients are informed about aftercare prior to discharge
- Providing confidential telephone advice for clients with post-operative problems following discharge
- Completion of contemporaneous client records, consent and registers
- Maintenance of client safety
- Maintenance of client confidentiality and DATA protection
2. Additional Responsibilities
- Act up in the absence of senior nursing staff.
- To provide a comprehensive telephone triage service, for pre and post treatment clients providing appropriate information, advice or referrals, as per the agreed protocols.
- Checking of stock levels and participating in the ordering of stores as directed by the Senior Nurse
- Assisting checking and maintenance of routine, emergency and environmental equipment ensuring that all checks are carried out to a satisfactory standard and recorded
- Follow Infection Control policies and procedures
- Participate in clinical Audit.
- Follow incident reporting Policies and Procedures
- Carry out duties in accordance with local Health and Safety Policy.
- Undertake duties in accordance with safe working practices relating to COSHH.
- Ensure hazardous waste is disposed of in accordance with Company procedures.
- Carry out manual and patient handling activities in accordance with safe manual handling techniques.
- Maintain the professional image of NUPAS at all times.
3. Educational/ Supervision/Travel Responsibilities
- To support induction programmes for new staff
- To ensure knowledge remains up to date.
- To maintain competencies of skills.
- Undertake continuing professional development as required by your role and the NMC
- Actively participate in mandatory training and other training and development activities.
- Supervise unqualified staff.
- Willingness to work between centres (London Region)
- Willingness to work some Saturdays and evenings
|This is an outline job description. It does not attempt to detail every activity that the post holder will undertake. Specific tasks and training will be agreed with the post holder at regular 1-2-1 meetings
All enquiries to Alison Peters. Email: email@example.com