| Advertisement details:
- Are you looking for the next step in your career?
- Are you a Sonographer with experience in mentoring?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic Sonographer at NUPAS London.
You will need to be able to fulfil an integral role within our multidisciplinary team delivering a confidential abortion, contraception and sexual health service. You will need to be motivated, enthusiastic, caring and empathetic. Pro-choice is a must.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To deliver safe and effective care of clients from admission to discharge in accordance with Healthcare Commission Standards, NMC Guidelines for Professional Practice and company policies and procedures.
|Qualifications – Essential
- Holds a professional qualification, either the DMU or PGC/D in medical ultrasound imaging
- Professional/clinical specialist knowledge of ultrasound acquired throughout a post-graduate qualification and extensive clinical practice.
- Registration with Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Extensive experience in First and Second gestation pregnancy.
- To perform and report independently on Trans-abdominal and Trans-Vaginal ultrasound examinations, as well as a full range of obstetric scans.
- To produce appropriate written reports for the medical profession and keep an accurate record.
- Communicate with clients using tact and empathy as well as being sensitive to a client’s needs.
- Maintain a high standard of patient care and medical ethics.
- Supervise and mentor staff undertaking Sonography accreditation.
- Provide supervision sessions.
- To help maintain the high standards of the service we offer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To undertake a range of ultrasound examinations in accordance with Company and National Guidelines.
- To perform and independently provide a full ultrasound scanning and reporting service. Use analytical and judgemental skills to provide interpretation of ultrasound images in order to provide independent written examination reports over a range of ultrasound examinations according to scope of practice.
- To practice unsupervised, providing an independent diagnostic report and to communicate scan findings to medical team.
- Have a degree of personal and professional autonomy. Have the ability to make clinical judgements and critical decisions of the highest order, using knowledge, skills and experience.
- To provide high standards of patient care in a safe, clean and tidy working environment, observing all NUPAS policies and to maintain the highest professional and personal standards.
- To be committed to lifelong learning and produce evidence of CPD maintaining ‘fitness to practice’.
- To remain up-to-date with changes and current trends in medical ultrasound.
- To respond to the needs of the company and patients as necessary.
Safeguarding Children and Adults is Everyone’s responsibility. In order to protect children and vulnerable adults, all staff are required to be familiar with and adhere to the NUPAS safeguarding adults and children policy.
NUPAS attaches great importance to sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility. It is the responsibility of the post holder to minimise the NUPAS’s environmental impact wherever possible. This will include switching off lights, computers, monitors and other non-essential equipment when not in use. Helping to minimise business travel, reduce paper waste by minimising printing/copying, correct waste disposal, reducing water usage, reporting faults and heating/cooling concerns promptly.
The post holder will have a duty to ensure that the principles of patient, carer and public involvement and engagement are adhered to in line with Section 11 of The Health and Social Care Act 2012 for Improving Patient Experience.
All staff are required to adhere to the principles of patient centred care as detailed in the NICE Quality Standard for Patient Experience and to treat patients with dignity, kindness, compassion, courtesy, respect, understanding and honesty.
The post holder will, in support of the NUPAS Values & Values and ensure that everyone is treated as an individual, and will acknowledge and value difference in order to treat everyone fairly.