This option allows you to come to the clinic for consultation and assessment and if you are suitable, you will be given the option to have treatment that day.
When you arrive at the clinic:
- You will be booked in
- Have a scan over your stomach to see how many weeks pregnant you are
- Have some personal details taken (everything is confidential) and discuss your abortion options
- If you are under 25 you will be offered a free chlamydia test- it is quick, simple and advisable to take
- Your blood pressure will be checked and some blood will be taken using a finger prick test
- You will then be seen by the doctor to sign some forms and begin treatment
There are a number of reasons why a woman might choose to end a pregnancy, whatever the reason it should always be HER decision. A decision to have an abortion should be personal to you and you should be able to make this decision without feeling under pressure or being forced to by anyone. Deciding what to do about an unplanned pregnancy for some can be a difficult and upsetting time. You can to talk to our counsellors about the options available to you at any time – contact us on 0333 004 6666.
To book an appointment call: 0333 004 6666
From Republic of Ireland call : (01) 874 0097
From other countries call: 0845 359 6666
You can arrange for us to call you back: to request a call back click here
You can also talk to one of our team on Live Chat
Our staff are caring, understanding and non-judgmental. We are here to offer you advice, support and information about your pregnancy options. You can be assured that you will not be influenced or forced into making your decision. If there is anything you do not understand, please do not be afraid to ask. We are here to help.